Junior Carbon Analyst
Junior Carbon Analyst
Start Date: Jan. 2024
GreenPlaces is the source of truth for a business's sustainability activity. We ensure that companies' environmental reporting is compliant and help you communicate the companies’ impact to customers and investors.
We are looking for a highly motivated Junior Analyst to support our growing GHG Accounting and Reporting service in North America. Your role will be partially client-facing and you will lead consulting projects to create inventories of scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions. Your projects and clients may span a diverse set of industries, ranging from large and mid-size companies to boutique brands and start-ups. You will leverage our service teams and subject matter experts to ensure clients receive our best solutions and technical advice. You will be joining an engaged, collaborative community that approaches its work with energy and optimism.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Environmental Science, Sustainability, Accounting).
- Strong motivation and passion for carbon accounting and sustainability.
- Excellent mathematical skills and ability to work with data.
- Familiarity with carbon accounting concepts and basic understanding of GHG emissions reporting.
Basic GHG Emissions Accounting:
- Calculate and report scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions with guidance and supervision.
- Gain experience in setting inventory boundaries and understanding key topic areas.
- Work on GHG inventories with organizations in various sectors.
- Develop understanding in specific sectors such as retail, manufacturing, financial, and energy.
Familiarity with Carbon Accounting Standards:
- Learn and apply carbon accounting and reporting standards and programs (e.g., ISO 14064, GHG Protocol).
- Stay informed about emerging policy and regulatory drivers in North America.
- Acquire knowledge about carbon management enterprise software solutions.
- Use Microsoft Excel for basic data analysis and reporting.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues on different projects.
- Develop effective communication skills.
Time Management and Adaptability:
- Learn to manage time efficiently and handle multiple projects for different clients.
- Adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in self-led learning and process implementation.
Skills & Strengths:
- Problem-solving mindset with a proactive and resourceful approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to new concepts and methodologies.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently.
- Time management and multitasking skills, able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs).
- Understand reporting into environmental frameworks like CDP, SASB, GRI, TCFD.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is eager to thrive in a technical analytics environment at the forefront of sustainability. This role provides an excellent opportunity for growth and development in the field of carbon accounting and sustainability reporting.