At Gremlin, our mission is to enable every company to build more reliable software. We dedicate ourselves to building the tools, processes, and reliability signals that allow engineering teams to work proactively, fortifying the digital infrastructure that drives the world forward.
We work with enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of Solutions Architect
Gremlin is looking for a Solutions Architect to help prove the value of Reliability Management and Fault Injection to potential customers. In this pre-sales role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the Gremlin Reliability Management and Fault Injection solution, guide and teach customers to run GameDays, and champion the art of breaking things on purpose, to ensure more reliable applications and services. As customers convert to a paid subscription, you will also work with Gremlin Post Sales to onboard and equip customers for their reliability journey.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Demonstrate Gremlin in customer calls, conferences, and webinars
- Partner with sales team to drive technical wins and grow Gremlin’s customer base
- Participate and lead GameDays with potential customers
- Educate potential customers on Reliability and Chaos Engineering
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs
- Create publicly-viewable content, such as white papers, blog posts, or videos
- Provide customer feedback to Gremlin Product team to help drive improvement
We'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with:
- Kubernetes Platforms, Managed and Unmanaged
- AKS, EKS, GKE
- OpenShift, Rancher
- Certified k8 Administrator is a plus
- Linux - Shell scripting, Certified Linux Administrator is a plus
- Container and Container Runtimes
- Operating Systems concepts (CPU, Memory, and networking)
- Working knowledge:
- Observability solutions - Application Performance Management
- Load Testing solutions (e.g JMeter, LoadRunner, Grafana K6)
- CI/CD Tool Chain (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible)
- Service Mesh (e.g. Istio)
- API’s and Tools
- Programming Languages - Python is a plus
- Certification and experience with one or more public cloud providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience in a SRE or DevOps role resolving production outages
- Software QA or testing experience, particularly in automation
- Knowledge of modern DevOps and SRE tools
- Integration into ITSM Tools
*If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
**The role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Gremlin is a team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another. We set the standard for reliability and equip leading organizations with the mindset and expertise needed to drive reliability improvements that move the world forward. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
What Do We Care About:
- We Care about our People
People are our critical differentiators. The company strives to treat our people with respect, empathy, and dignity. We expect that our people will treat each other similarly. In both cases, we will assume good intent. All are welcome at Gremlin. We know our differences make us stronger and that our best ideas and contributions can come from anyone at any level.
- We Care about Collaboration
Gremlin is strongest when we come together as one team with shared goals. Be the glue, not the glitter. But as a remote company, teamwork and collaboration won’t happen by accident. We approach every challenge as a shared challenge. We rely on each other for diverse perspectives and creative ideas. We celebrate our wins as a team.
- We Care about Results
Be high productivity, low drama. Results matter. To keep our pace, everyone owns the outcomes of their actions and takes action when needed. We reward speed over perfection. We empower each other to iterate and experiment.You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
Visit our website to learn more - https://www.gremlin.com/press/about/?ref=nav