Technical Support Engineer
At Gremlin, our mission is to enable every company to build more reliable software. We dedicate ourselves to building the tools, processes, and reliability signals that allow engineering teams to work proactively, fortifying the digital infrastructure that drives the world forward.
We work with enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of the Technical Support Engineer
In this role, you will help our customers with any product usage questions or issues they might have. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to a wide gamut of environments and technologies, as Gremlin can be utilized on-prem, in the cloud, or in a containerized environment. You will help our customers to successfully deploy Gremlin agents and troubleshoot any issues they might have using Gremlin to orchestrate some controlled chaos. You will work closely with Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to rectify any customer issues and ensure that we are constantly surprising and delighting our customer base.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Provide technical support for Gremlin’s customers as efficiently as possible using the following techniques:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and debug customer’s issues using the ticketing system and conferencing tools along with an internal messaging tool
- Use an array of test environments to reproduce the customer’s issue when possible
- Drive improvement of both our internal and external documentation using the best practices of the Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) mindset
- Keep abreast of the evolution of technology through continuous learning
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Actively participate with your team – exemplify a strong team spirit!
- When working on tickets, write clear and concise notes that are easy to understand in case of an escalation or if Engineering is required to assist
We’ll expect you to have:
- 7+ years previous work experience in technical field such as DevOps, Systems Administration, SaaS Product (Enterprise) Support, NOC, or similar
- Proficient Linux, Windows server administration, troubleshooting skills, and shell (bash, etc) experience
- Experience troubleshooting Kubernetes (preferred) and or similar programs such as Amazon ECS and RedHat OpenShift
- Experience in datacenter infrastructure or public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with packet analysis (pcap/wireshark, etc) or experience with encryption systems like SSL/TLS or SSO methods like SAML/OAuth
- Experience managing ticket caseload and achieving SLA expectations
- Ticket Escalation skills and intra-team integration to get things done
- Demonstrable excellence in communications in written form, conference, or live customer troubleshooting engagements
- Demonstrable focus on and empathy for customers
- Technical documentation experience
- Focus and Decision Making
- Active Learning and Research
- The ability to actively contribute to a shared vision, participate as a team member of the CS organization, and speak up when you have ideas!
- The ability to communicate to your manager when you need help
- Has been on-call and participated in an incident management program
*The role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits.
**If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
Gremlin is a team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another. We set the standard for reliability and equip leading organizations with the mindset and expertise needed to drive reliability improvements that move the world forward. We’re backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
What Do We Care About:
- We Care about our People
People are our critical differentiators. The company strives to treat our people with respect, empathy, and dignity. We expect that our people will treat each other similarly. In both cases, we will assume good intent. All are welcome at Gremlin. We know our differences make us stronger and that our best ideas and contributions can come from anyone at any level.
- We Care about Collaboration
Gremlin is strongest when we come together as one team with shared goals. Be the glue, not the glitter. But as a remote company, teamwork and collaboration won’t happen by accident. We approach every challenge as a shared challenge. We rely on each other for diverse perspectives and creative ideas. We celebrate our wins as a team.
- We Care about Results
Be high productivity, low drama. Results matter. To keep our pace, everyone owns the outcomes of their actions and takes action when needed. We reward speed over perfection. We empower each other to iterate and experiment.You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
Visit our website to learn more - https://www.gremlin.com/press/about/?ref=nav