Manager, Data Quality (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is looking for a hands-on Manager of Data Quality to lead and support a team of Data Quality Analysts/Developers. In this role, you will work with a wide variety of multi-functional teams to create robust quality frameworks and processes for data quality controls, continuous monitoring, status updates, and build partner confidence in data.
- Mentor, coach and develop a team of diverse Data Quality Analysts
- Perform hands-on data quality issue investigations and root-cause analysis, develop test cases, and perform testing of data product delivery
- Work with data consumers, product, and engineering teams to gather requirements of data products and develop test cases, triage processes and lead the process of ensuring data quality at every level of data transformation
- Design and implement a comprehensive data quality system incorporating industry standard processes, outlining clear pathways for resolving areas of concern, implementing improvements, and establishing continuous monitoring
- Collaborate with the Data Governance team to develop a framework for improving data quality in a proactive way
- Define data quality policies, automate data quality monitoring on systems, create processes around ensuring consistency to data quality standards
- Lead the daily operations of the team by monitoring and optimizing Jira for daily data quality issue management to provide transparency to leadership and partners
- Assist and guide your team in day-to-day data quality analysis and identify proactive measures to mitigate data issues
- Establish standardized practices to monitor data integrity and bring forth inconsistencies or inaccuracies in the data being processed
- Document data quality issues, processes for escalation & resolution as well as test cases
- Define critical metrics for data quality measurement and produce performance statistics on data quality function and communicate status and progress
- Predict and prevent business disruptions by continuously monitoring data objects for violations of business rules while collaborating with the Data Governance team to initiate remediation workflows with the right data owners
You are a good fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience leading people and expectations
- 7+ years of experience working in a Data Quality management function in a highly dynamic environment
- Desire to lead a small team of Data Quality Analysts/Developers as well as be ready for hands-on day-to-day issue management
- Willingness and passion for mentorship
- Experience in technologies such as Snowflake, dbt, Looker, Github, Airflow, and Salesforce
- 7+ years of experience in writing complex SQL queries, building dbt models, Looker dashboards, doing data investigations, setting up triage processes, and building custom Data Quality monitoring processes
- Experience in Data Catalogs & Data Observability tools is a plus
- Experience working in Jira, setting up standard processes for the team for efficient management and tracking of data issues
- Ability to communicate well in person, on paper, and in code; can explain technical concepts to other managers and leaders across the Technology & Product teams
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies in Data Quality, Data Literacy & Observability domains
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000 - $170,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Something looks off?