Sr. Data Quality Analyst (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is seeking a Sr. Data Quality Analyst to join our team and support the Data Quality program, with the aim to increase trust and confidence in our data.
As a Sr. Data Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for data quality analysis, monitoring, and remediation to enable day-to-day support of operational issues. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data quality concepts and experience working with large, complex data sets.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Use data profiling, data quality tools, and database queries to analyze, identify and resolve the root cause of data quality issues in the production environment.
- Understand data product requirements, develop test cases, implement test cases, automate those and prepare status report
- Provide production support for data quality and proactively identify data quality monitoring solutions based on use cases of the data.
- Collaborate with different partners to remediate issues and provide end-to-end support for triage and resolution.
- Analyze the usability of our data and generate insights that can be leveraged to further improve its utility.
- Develop simple as well as complex SQL queries to run quick tests as well as recurring checks to assess the scale of data issues.
- Perform impact analyses and help rationalize urgency around high impact data issues.
- Work with the respective data producers and consumers and help to proactively identify data quality monitoring solutions based on use cases of the data.
- Provide input to continually improve monitoring solutions (currently in Looker reports) using customer feedback, concerns, questions.
- Build internal reporting metrics to continually evaluate and identify recurring trends in data quality
- Monitor data quality scorecards using DBT & Looker with the ability to adapt to using other technologies.
- Monitor data quality to assist teams, share standard process trends in data quality management, and provide insight into how and where teams can build confidence in data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Assist the team actively in day-to-day operations and reporting metrics.
- Support and mentor team members by sharing technical knowledge and helping solve issues that arise and technical skills to be learned.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of our operational data by guiding our data quality efforts.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in technologies such as Snowflake, dbt, Looker, and Salesforce
- 3+ years of experience in writing SQL queries, solving discrepancies in Looker reports and dbt models, doing data investigations, setting up triage processes, and building custom Data Quality monitoring processes
- Experience in Data Catalogs & Data Observability tools is a plus
- Experience working in Jira, setting up standard processes for the team for efficient management and tracking of data issues
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with partners and team members
- Detail-oriented, with a passion for data quality and a strong sense of ownership
- Can document and explain root cause analyses and solutions to non-technical teams
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies in Data Quality, Data Literacy & Observability domains
- Expertise in data quality improvement techniques
- Strong understanding and experience working with various BI suite of tools, data integration and storage solutions, including extract, transform and load technologies and relational databases
- Strong understanding of data lifecycle, data management principles, and techniques
- 3-5 years of experience in end to end data management, data quality management and/or data governance
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100-132,500, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Something looks off?