Finance Manager, Revenue & Marketing (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring for a Finance Manager, Revenue & Marketing to join our Finance & Accounting Team. This role would be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team responsible for financial planning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and strategic business partnering.
This role supports forecasting and planning, analytics, performance management, and strategic financial analysis, all while helping Guild achieve its mission. You’ll form strong relationships across the organization and work with both internal and external collaborators. In addition, you’d be a critical member of the team, identifying new opportunities, driving operational improvements and providing decision support for leadership.
The Finance Manager, Revenue & Marketing will:
- Drive cross-functional alignment in Revenue strategy across Finance, Sales and Experience teams in collaboration with Analytics and Senior Leadership.
- Own revenue forecasting process that includes multiple revenue drivers and models and consolidation of those models into a cohesive view of our forward looking forecasts. Incorporate KPIs and growth metrics such as Net Revenue Retention, etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for leadership to analyze results and present forecasts, build narratives that describe business strategy and performance, assess business risk and operating levers, and align cross functional teams to effective solutions.
- Enhance existing forecast models; find opportunities to streamline reporting and implement operational improvements to drive automation and efficiency.
- Provide Finance Business Partner support to our Marketing organization through forecasting and planning marketing activities, marketing effectiveness including ROI, KPI reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Support Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) and Cost to Serve analysis in partnership with our Learning Marketplace and Marketing teams.
- Give to the development of the overall strategy of the Finance and Revenue forecasting and Analytics teams.
- Experience. 5+ years of relevant work experience in a sales finance function, investment banking, consulting, or private equity / growth equity. Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.).
- Technical skills. Excel/Google Suite expertise with experience in SQL and other forecasting tools. The ability to develop insight, sophisticated complex financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Ambitious. Self-starter with a roll-up-the-sleeves, committed mentality to have an impact in a fast-paced, constantly evolving growth environment.
- Communication. Distill and communicate sophisticated topics broadly to board members, clients, front-line team members and everyone in between. Comfortable and confident addressing senior leadership and executives.
- Precision. Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Team skills. Positive demeanor with a can-do mentality. Collaborative, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and build successful working relationships with a variety of partners.
- Passion. Passionate about serving our students and a steadfast strive to build an outstanding business.
- Discipline. Strong interpersonal and time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects/tasks with multiple collaborators while hitting deadlines on time critical projects.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Strong financial modeling experience and a willingness to dig into the details
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS businesses and revenue metrics
- SQL, Adaptive Insights and Looker experience are a plus
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000- $150,000, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Something looks off?