Senior Product Manager (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Product Manager within its Payments Team. As a Product Manager at Guild, you will help to ensure achievement of Guild’s roadmap in service of our mission and company goals.
Over the next three years, we are looking to expand our marketplace and our payments platform to be able to process billions of dollars in education payments for our employers, academic partners and students. In this role you will focus on driving the evolution of the payments platform with focus on a unified payment facilitation and transaction model, creating shared services for funding and billing ledger for use by internal and external partners as well as foundational investments for scale, audit and tax processing for millions of transactions a year.
As Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Lead the roadmap, planning and delivery for key components involved in delivering a world-class payment experience for signing up for the Guild education benefit
- Crystallize the needs of our target customers and translate into technical product requirements including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Work directly with design, engineering, go-to-market, analytics, and senior leadership teams to deliver effective product(s) to market and to solve tough, technical challenges.
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a business case for new product investments.
- Lead cross-functional projects related to framing and delivering for internal and external consumers.
- Represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our customers through the integrations and onboarding lifecycle.
- Evangelize your product and drive adoption once the product is in production.
In this role you will collaborate closely with Product leadership, Engineering managers, Operations teams, Accounting teams and business-process IT teams.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a product management role working on technical products.
- 2-4 years of experience with payments or financial systems. Experience with NetSuite or Ledger systems is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions that focus on customer needs.
- Experience working with clients and external partners on integrations.
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering and non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of technical product solutions.
- Strong ability to work independently and handle ambiguity.
- Commitment to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent field
- Background and proven results releasing enterprise commercial software or service products.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000 - $160,000 as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth