At Height we're building tools to help companies work together, better. It’s an ambitious goal, but we're just getting started and looking for talented people to join our early team.
Height was started to address the pain and frustrations of existing project management tools, including the challenges of keeping tasks up-to-date, getting visibility into other teams’ roadmaps, and helping teammates onboard to the tool and use it day-to-day.
Additionally, as organizations rapidly scale, they need tools that make cross-functional project management seamless and that they won’t outgrow as they grow. Regardless of how a team likes to work — sprints, milestones, recurring tasks, with tools like GitHub, GitLab, Figma, Zendesk — Height is flexible and powerful enough to adapt to their needs.
Finally, with the recent and rapid progress of AI, Height is in a unique position to set the standard for how collaborative work with a powerful tool should be done. We are confident in our ability to lead the way in this exciting field.
Today, Height is used by fast-growing tech companies and startups, including Fivetran, Clubhouse, Watershed, Mighty, Cocoon, Runway, Ambrook, Transcend, and more.
About the role
We are seeking a talented product designer to join our growing design team at Height. You will work alongside our design team, head of design, and CEO to create engaging user experiences that tell compelling stories throughout our app.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with our design and product teams to create magical new features from initial sketches up to the final pixels, by telling a story that resonates with our users’ needs.
- Conceptualizing complex design problems, taking into account their impact on the rest of the app (systems thinking), in order to create the simplest, most intuitive UX.
- Diving into user insights, planning and conducting user testing and research, analyzing the results, and utilizing usability best practices to inform and validate your design decisions.
- Continuously iterating on your designs based on user feedback and data, always pushing to create the best user experience, and communicating options and decisions to the team.
- Working closely with our visual designer and marketing team to integrate our brand identity seamlessly and meaningfully into our product.
- Collaborating with designers to help update and maintain our design system, to ensure consistency and continual improvement of our design process.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience in product design, with a passion for UX design and a high bar for UI.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping software with exceptional user experiences.
- Solid understanding of design principles and UX/UI best practices for web and mobile.
- High visual standards, backed by excellent skills in typography, color, layout, information architecture, and microcopy.
- Proficiency in design tools (like Figma or Sketch) and familiarity with prototyping tools.
- Experience collaborating with engineers to ensure smooth implementation of designs.
- Comfortable tackling ambiguous projects where problem and scope may need to be clarified, in a fast-paced environment, always eager to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a passion for sharing your vision, iterating on designs as a team, and converging on solutions.
About the team
Spearheaded by early Stripe employees, the team operates remote-first, with teammates across the US timezones and western Europe, including NYC, SF, Philadelphia, Zurich, Vancouver, Seattle, Atlanta, Iowa City, and Boston. The team is comprised of people from Stripe, Instagram, Apple, Front, Foursquare, AWS, Google, Zillow, Sunrise/Microsoft, and more, so we're very down-to-earth, experienced startup folks. Height is a Series A startup, backed by Redpoint, Matrix Partners, Lightspeed, IA Ventures, and a number of great angels, including founders of Front, AngelList, and Clearbit, and the CEO of GitHub.
Something looks off?