Full-stack software engineer
At Height we're building tools to help companies work together, better. It’s an ambitious goal, but we're just getting started and looking for talented people to join our early team.
Height was started to address the pain and frustrations of existing project management tools, including the challenges of keeping tasks up-to-date, getting visibility into other teams’ roadmaps, and helping teammates onboard to the tool and use it day-to-day.
Additionally, as organizations rapidly scale, they need tools that make cross-functional project management seamless and that they won’t outgrow as they grow. Regardless of how a team likes to work — sprints, milestones, recurring tasks, with tools like GitHub, GitLab, Figma, Zendesk — Height is flexible and powerful enough to adapt to their needs.
Finally, we’re taking full advantage of the rapid progress of AI. Height is in a unique position to take the best of AI and project management, and set a standard for modern day collaboration. As a startup, we build fast and innovate constantly. We’ve already launched Height Copilot which includes 10+ AI-powered features that reduce management part of project management and help companies focus on the product instead, and continue to ship new features taking advantage of the best of AI.
Today, Height is used by fast-growing tech companies and startups, including Fivetran, Clubhouse, Watershed, Mighty, Cocoon, Runway, Ambrook, Transcend, and more.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate full-stack engineer to join our growing team at Height. You’ll work closely with the engineering and design team on a diverse range of projects to deliver innovative solutions to project management. You'll have full ownership of your features and the possibility to work on a variety of projects, from building beautiful UI interfaces to working on real-time synchronization or AI-powered features.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop intuitive product features from scratch in collaboration with our design and engineering team.
- Assume end-to-end ownership of projects, spanning from the planning stage, through implementation and testing, up to the tracking phases.
- Improve and maintain the overall performance and reliability of the app to ensure a top-notch user experience.
- Develop internal tools aimed at boosting team productivity, improving product reliability, and automating routine tasks.
- Learn new technologies and skills needed to ship innovative features.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, with at least 2 years in a full-stack role.
- Experience working in a small-size startup
- Proven track record of successfully seeing a project through from conception to final product.
- Self-learning capability and ability to learn new tools, concepts and technologies.
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering principles.
- Team-player who enjoys to share knowledge, learn from others, and work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to think critically and is not afraid to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness to share opinions constructively and respect differing viewpoints.
Our stack includes TypeScript, Node.js, React, and Postgres, but no background expertise in these is required.
About the team
Spearheaded by early Stripe employees, the team operates remote-first, with teammates across the US timezones and western Europe, including NYC, SF, Philadelphia, Zurich, Vancouver, Seattle, Atlanta, Iowa City, and Boston. The team is comprised of people from Stripe, Instagram, Apple, Front, Foursquare, AWS, Google, Zillow, Sunrise/Microsoft, and more, so we're very down-to-earth, experienced startup folks. Height is a Series A startup, backed by Redpoint, Matrix Partners, Lightspeed, IA Ventures, and a number of great angels, including founders of Front, AngelList, and Clearbit, and the CEO of GitHub.