Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Hex Technologies Inc.
Excerpt: Build cutting edge infrastructure to scale and secure a sophisticated data analytics platform.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join as a member of our core Infrastructure team. You will have broad impact over the technology, product, and our company's culture.
Our product is a web-based notebook and app-authoring platform built on top of Kubernetes and AWS, which we are building with an emphasis on reliability, performance, and security.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Hex, you will be responsible for:
- Holding a high quality bar for stability, security, performance, and developer experience through code reviews and RFC feedback
- Ensuring multi-tenant infrastructure continues to scale while building out single-tenant deployment
- Reviewing compute utilization and driving efficiency from our systems
- Planning and building for the next phase of growth in Hex’s infrastructure
- Mentoring other engineers to help them deliver critical infrastructure improvements to support a rapidly growing product and business
There are a few specific things we’ll be looking for that will help you succeed in this role:
- You have hands-on experience in a cloud engineering role, or similar (e.g. DevOps, SRE, Infrastructure)
- You are passionate about building high quality, secure, production grade infrastructure that inspires confidence internally and externally
- You’ve worked with many of the core infrastructure products that Hex is run on including Kubernetes, AWS, and Terraform
- You enjoy staying up to date on developments in the industry and thinking about ways to leverage them to solve existing and future challenges
- You love mentoring and teaching others, and are excited to cultivate team knowledge and skills in infrastructure and cloud
- You’re interested learning about the bigger picture of building a company, including go-to-market, customer development, and marketing