Hex Technologies Inc.
Excerpt: The VP Revenue will lead everything Sales, ensuring we’re building a scalable, efficient business. It’s a big role, with broad responsibilities, and the potential for enormous impact on the trajectory of our business.
About the Role
We have over 700 paying customers – including Twitch, Chime, Brex, Twilio, and Cruise – for whom Hex is essential to their work. We’re still in the early days, however, of a massive opportunity, as AI unlocks new possibilities (and TAM!) for data analytics workflows. We believe the next couple of years will re-define the way data work is done, and we’re perfectly positioned to build this future, and generate a ton of value for customers along the way.
This is where you come in! As our VP of Revenue, you’ll be focused on finding, engaging with, and helping these potential customers get the most out of Hex. You’ll drive scaling our business, building an exceptional team that can meet and beat ambitious goals. And, as a leader at Hex, you’ll contribute to defining our overall GTM strategy, from positioning to packaging.
The VP Revenue will lead everything Sales, ensuring we’re building a scalable, efficient business. It’s a big role, with broad responsibilities, and the potential for enormous impact on the trajectory of our business.
In this role, you will:
- Reliably set and hit targets that put our business on a strong, predictable, sustainable growth path, leading us on our journey to $50m and beyond;
- Manage our Sales, Solution Engineering, RevOps, Support, and Partnership teams, building and developing an exceptional group of people doing the best work of their careers;
- Build a repeatable – yet flexible – set of processes and playbooks that will help us run efficient, high-NPS sales cycles with customers;
- Be an excellent partner for Marketing as we develop our core growth motions, and with Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) as we prioritize functionality that will create maximum impact for our customers;
- Contribute to our overall strategy, influencing decisions on pricing, positioning, packaging, product roadmap, and other things that start with “p”.
You’ll need a diverse set of experiences and interests to succeed in this role. Chief amongst them are:
- A demonstrated track record of leading teams to meet or beat ambitious targets in technical, B2B SaaS businesses.
- Expertise on how to build and operate a sales machine, including the key metrics to monitor, how to manage through managers;
- You’re an incredible team builder and leader, who has left a trail of I’d-follow-them-anywhere folks in your wake;
- A passion for building at a growing startup, with and comfort navigating rapid change (and a little bit of chaos);
- An appreciation for how different growth motions work together, most crucially how a self-serve “product led” funnel can accelerate a sales-engaged business;
- Experience scaling a business through growth: you have seen the journey from $ to $$ to $$$, and know what’s required at each stage;
- An understanding of how to properly segment customers, and when and why to move up-market into enterprise and strategic accounts;
- You’re an amazing cross-functional partner: the marketers, product managers, and finance folks you’ve worked with in your past line up to sing your praises;
- You’re detail-oriented, and read things all the way to the end.
And, like everyone at Hex, you’re growth-minded, with a strong bias toward action and learning.