Hex Technologies Inc.
Excerpt: Hex's user base is growing fast. We are hiring a Product Expert to partner with users to make them successful with Hex.
Location: Eastern Time Zone
About the role
Hex is growing fast; we are hiring a Product Expert (EST) to nurture and support customers to make them successful with Hex.
Our focus is on building a valuable product that users love, and all your work will feed into that. Our users are "analytically technical" (think: Data Scientist or Analyst writing SQL and Python) and you will engage with them to answer their questions, teach them the inner workings of Hex, and synthesize their feedback. You'll also contribute to building the resources we'll need to quickly scale how we support our growing customer base.
As a Product Expert, you will lean heavily into both your analytics expertise as well as your ability to build deep user empathy to support customers as they use Hex. You will work closely with Sales, Product, and Customer team members to understand our users, speak to Hex's unique capabilities, and provide insight into the things our users need and want most in an analytics data platform. This is not your typical monotonous Support role - you’ll be deep in the technical weeds helping users, hunting down (and squashing!) bugs, and getting creative with how to use Hex to solve complex user workflows.
- You will help ensure customers are successful by serving as a primary contact for technical questions and use case development throughout the user lifecycle.
- Provide excellent customer support experience (via live chat, email, and Slack) by combining deep user empathy, thoughtful insights, and helpful responses to user questions.
- Develop an understanding of the needs of the different types of Hex users and learn how to both apply that knowledge and anticipate their future questions.
- Beyond point-to-point work, you will develop technical content to help users get and stay successful with Hex, including demo projects, documentation, and videos.
- Help us continue to build a product our users love by identifying product weaknesses and common pain points, providing feedback and suggestions to the Product team.
Who you might be:
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years experience as a working data scientist, analyst, or analytics engineer, using SQL & Python
- Beyond-the-basics experience with Data Science tooling and workflows, including Python, Jupyter notebooks, SQL, and BI tools.
- Developed analytical thinking ability to effectively troubleshoot complex problems
- A strong track record of talking to customers - from IC users to senior stakeholders - and solving their problems.
- You're an excellent communicator, who builds empathy, shares feedback, and grows successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A high rate of learning, natural curiosity, and eagerness to debate opinions to find truth.
- A passion for team work, and willingness to be patient, provide honest feedback, and help us build an awesome company culture.
- Based in Eastern Time (ET) Zone
🦄 Candidates might have:
- Experience in a user-face technical capacity - maybe you’ve been a data consultant or a Customer Engineer?
- Familiarity with the contemporary data stack across ETL, storage, BI, ML, and everything between, with a demonstrated ability to stay up to date with new developments.