Hex Technologies Inc.
Excerpt: Hex's user base is continuing to grow rapidly. We are hiring a West Coast-based Sales Engineer to partner with potential customers (with a focus in Mid-Market) to support their Hex evaluations.
About the role
Hex's user base is continuing to grow rapidly. We are hiring a Sales Engineer to partner with potential customers (with a focus in Mid-Market) to support their Hex evaluations.
As a Sales Engineer, you will leverage your product, ecosystem, and technical expertise to support our largest customers as they evaluate and adopt Hex. You will work day in and day out with the Sales team to help prospects understand Hex’s value, own the technical evaluation, and set them up for long-term success as a customer.
What you will do
- Meet our ‘analytically technical’ (think: Data Scientist or Analyst writing SQL, Python and R) end users where they are to build strong relationships and help them get the most out of Hex during their evaluations
- Be on the front-line of working with Hex end users throughout the Sales cycle from discovery and product demos through trials, POCs, and pilots.
- Partner closely with Account Executives to develop opportunity-level strategy, execute evaluations, and share feedback to improve your partnership
- Source and synthesize critical product feedback from prospects to share with internal Engineering & Product teams to influence and shape our product roadmap
- Project manage the architecture, security, and technical reviews that prospects require
- Develop content to support users who are a part of evaluations ie. demo projects, documentation, videos, etc.
Who you might be
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years experience in a technical Pre-Sales role
- Familiarity with data science tooling and workflows, including Python, SQL, and BI tools (Bonus points if you have spent lots of time in notebooks, SQL IDEs, or app-building frameworks.)
- A strong track record of talking to customers - from IC users to senior stakeholders - and solving their problems
- You're an excellent communicator, who builds empathy, shares feedback, and grows successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A generalist technical skillset: you don't need a CS degree, but should have a passion and interest for technology and be a creative problem solver
- Experience or interest in working in an early-stage startup environment
- Location preference for SF/Bay Area