Hex Technologies Inc.
Excerpt: Work on challenging problems at all levels of the stack, from novel client-side technology to scalable backend systems.
About the role
We are looking for a senior frontend-leaning fullstack engineer eager to take over large swaths of our greenfield product roadmap. As one of our early senior hires, you will partner closely with our founders on the direction of our product and drive business-critical technical decisions. You will also ship major product initiatives that fundamentally change the way that Data Scientists and Analysts operate, and have ample technical and team leadership opportunities, depending on your interests.
We aim to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that is as empowering as it is pleasing to the eye and we have plenty of challenges at all levels of the stack. Some interesting challenges you could work on include:
- Designing and building collaborative multiplayer editing of notebooks and applications, including conflict resolution and commenting systems.
- Scaling rich, interactive, customizable components to provide a performant, pleasant experience from ten to a hundred or more notebook cells.
- Representing complex concepts (e.g. caching, kernel execution state) in a digestible UX that is understandable for users from a variety of backgrounds.
- Making chart building delightful whether there are ten data points or a million.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- At least 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience leading and executing on major product initiatives.
- Excitement for getting your hands dirty and diving deep into how the browser works to develop high-quality and performant user experiences.
- An aptitude for how web infrastructure works to develop high-quality internal developer and external user experiences.
- An instinct for strategic thinking and aligning with business and product goals while keeping a healthy balance of velocity and engineering excellence.
- Interest in the data space, and a love of shipping great products and building tools that empower end users to do more.
- Experience maintaining a high quality bar for design, correctness, and testing.
- An ability to lead product initiatives while collaborating and mentoring fellow engineers.
- Curiosity and an interest in diving into the bigger picture of building a company, including go-to-market, customer development, people, and marketing.