People & HR
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Who we are
Lilt is the leading AI solution for enterprise translations. Our stack made up of our Contextual AI Engine, Connector APIs, and Human Adaptive Feedback enable global organizations to adopt a true AI translation strategy, focusing on business outcomes instead of outputs. With Lilt, innovative, category-defining organizations like Intel, ASICS, WalkMe, and Canva are using AI technology to deliver multilingual, digital customer experiences at scale.
Our founders, Spence and John met at Google working on Google Translate. As researchers at Stanford and Berkeley, they both worked on language technology to make information accessible to everyone. They were amazed to learn that Google Translate wasn’t used for enterprise products and services inside the company and left to start a new company to address this need – Lilt.
At its core, Lilt has always been a machine learning company since its incorporation on March 6, 2015. At the time, machine translation didn’t meet the quality standard for enterprise translations, so Lilt assembled a cutting-edge research team tasked with closing that gap. While meeting customer demand for translation services, Lilt has prioritized investments in Large Language Models, believing that this foundation was imperative to the future of enterprise translation.
As a result, Lilt’s AI technology foundation is similar to ChatGPT and Google Translate, before our patented Contextual AI Engine, connector-first approach, and human-adapted feedback.
Our team is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Berlin, Indianapolis, Dublin and London.
The Senior Recruiter will be responsible for leading and executing the recruitment strategy for Lilt while overseeing the recruitment and hiring of top talent across a variety of departments and functions. This role will focus on recruiting (sourcing, attracting, and hiring top talent across a variety of departments and functions) 60-75% of the time and talent acquisitions (systems, reporting, processes, etc.) the remainder of the team.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies that align with the company's goals and objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders across the organization
- Source and engage with talent across a variety of mediums with a focus on passive candidates and technical recruiting
- Work full-cycle taking your candidates through initial outreach through the entirety of the candidate experience to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Own the offer process from verbal/extending offers, negotiations, closing candidates, and generating offer letters
- Support hiring managers to get recruiting plans in place and through the recruiting process
- Coach and train hiring manager on the interview process as well as proper interviewing AND how to make smart hiring decisions
- Maintain candidate databases (e.g. via our Applicant Tracking System - Ashby)
- Perform outreach though tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter in addition to engaging candidates in social media and other platforms where technical talent is found
- Utilize a variety of sourcing techniques to identify and attract top talent, including direct sourcing, social media recruiting, and job boards
- Build candidate pipelines for open positions and evergreen positions at various levels
- Participate in industry webinars and virtual events as both a brand talent ambassador and a front-line recruiter
- Work on best practices in tools and candidate experience to enhance the entire function
- Measure conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired, etc.
- Work with hiring managers to build effective scorecards that focus on competency-based, structured hiring
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior recruiters and talent acquisition staff as needed
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies related to recruitment and hiring
- Develop and maintain relationships with external recruitment partners and vendors
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in talent acquisition or recruitment in either a fast-paced startup or an at-scale tech company, focus on technical hires is a plus
- International recruiting experience
- Experience working with recruiting tools, applicant tracking systems, data management/reporting techniques and software collaboration tools, Ashby is a plus
- Experience leading and executing recruitment strategies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Familiar with leading sourcing tools and tech platforms and online communities where candidates are found
- Familiarity with technical specs for product, design, research and engineering roles in backend, frontend, full-stack and other areas of engineering specialization
- Experience with sourcing and primary research (talent/market mapping in particular) as well as engaging and activating passive candidates
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in recruitment and talent acquisition
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, short & long-term disability insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment.
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
See more open positions at Lilt
Something looks off?