Director of Product Design
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Logixboard is a white-labeled customer experience software that is transforming how the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry operates. In a highly competitive and technologically antiquated industry undergoing rapid digitalization, we are providing freight forwarders with the only white-labeled and integrated customer experience software available to the market today. Our software enables freight forwarders to deliver world-class digital experience to their customers, which propels them far ahead of their competition and dramatically increases customer retention and sales.Our customers absolutely love our platform, and we're experiencing tremendous growth both in new customers and in funding, with over $50 million in capital raised to date.
Logixboard is looking for a Director of Product Design with a blend of skills to manage and grow our team. You will bring ideas from initial concept, through iteration, to final implementation to help the world's goods flow more efficiently through deep problem solving and understanding of our users.
You should have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and the ability to reduce complex technical topics to the basics. You will challenge the status quo while also supporting the design team’s position when speaking with engineering, product, and executive leadership.
You'll be deeply integrated into the product and will learn an intricate system between many layers of complexity.
- Provide strategic design leadership, inspiring and guiding the product design team to create exceptional user experiences that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive UX strategy that enhances user engagement and overall customer satisfaction.
- Lead and mentor a team of product designers, fostering their growth, setting performance goals, and providing regular feedback to ensure a high level of design excellence.
- Partner with product management and engineering teams and leaders to translate business requirements and user needs into innovative design solutions that balance functionality, aesthetics, and technical feasibility.
- Collaborate effectively with executive leadership, marketing, and GTM teams to align design strategies with overall company goals and brand positioning.
- Champion the creation, development and maintenance of a robust design system that ensures consistency, efficiency, and scalability across the entire Logixboard product.
- Keep your ear to the ground on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continuously drive innovation and improvement in product design.
We're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers; 8+ years of product design experience
- Extensive and relevant experience working with B2B SaaS web applications
- A demonstrable foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and design ideation
- Prototyping experience either through prototyping tools or coding
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
The salary range for this role is $169,500 - $204,693, plus equity. Where your pay would fall within that range will be based on 1) relevant experience, knowledge, and skills, as demonstrated through the interview process, 2) by considering parity with current LXB team members, and 3) current market data
- We are a remote first company, meaning, you can work from home, from the mountains, from the beach, or wherever you feel like getting work done.
- Since our teams span across North America, LATAM, Australia, and the UK it is important for us to make it a priority to see one another. Logixboard will host a yearly in-person company retreat and our teams get together for in-person offsites at least once a year.
- Logixboard covers 100% of premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for you, with 75% of premiums covered for your loved ones. We’ll also offer paid life insurance and Long Term Disability.
- 12 weeks parental paid time plus a $2,500 parental bonus to support you and your family.
- Our 401(k) plan makes it easy to save for retirement and you can contribute your tax free dollars from day 1.
- In addition to statutory and Federal holidays, we offer our teammates Flexible Time Off (average is 4-5 weeks) that can also be used to observe holidays that are important to you.
- A yearly Learning and Development budget of $500 to find your own way to continue your professional development.
- To get your office set up, you will receive the basics (laptop, monitor, keyboard and a mouse), plus a one time WFH budget of $1,000 for you to get the other things you need in order to do your best work.