Staff Product Manager
Who We Are:
Materialize is the streaming SQL database company that makes it easy for any developer or analyst to understand streaming data, answer complex questions and build intelligent applications using standard technology. Whether it’s delivering personalized experiences, accurately identifying fraud, building predictive AI, or discovering new business opportunities, the ability to run complex queries on multiple streams of data and keep their answers up to date is critical to making better decisions about the changing world around us.
Materialize is the only true SQL streaming, cloud-native database built from the ground up to meet the needs of modern data products: Fresh, Correct, Scalable – all in a familiar SQL UI. We have a vibrant developer community on Slack and we work in public on GitHub as much as possible.
The Materialize team includes engineers who were early employees of Cockroach Labs, Ververica, and Stripe. Our work builds on top of Timely Dataflow and Differential Dataflow, both created by our co-founder Frank McSherry, a world-leading computer scientist with decades of award-winning research in all aspects of data.
Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be working directly with executive leadership and founders to explore and implement new features to the database product. You should be comfortable in a scrappy environment with small autonomous pods iterating rapidly on product prototypes. This position demands technical sophistication but it also rewards you with an opportunity to partner with a talented group of engineers and computer scientists eager to creatively push database and streaming technology.
- Scope, specify, design and drive the completion of new features in partnership with engineering and technical leaders across multiple teams.
- Balance myriad factors including market, customers, and team to prioritize what we build and what we do not build.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to plan, execute and bring new features to market.
- Gain deep knowledge of the streaming and database ecosystem to understand requirements.
- Conduct basic research, experimentation, interviews, and usability testing to decrease uncertainty and increase confidence that what we build satisfies customer needs and desires.
- Use data and analytics and to help understand how customers use Materialize and define metrics to understand where we have success.
- You are a seasoned product manager with experience in software-as-a-service businesses
- You have strong user experience sensibilities, product tastes and experience building for developers.
- You enjoy talking to highly technical customers.
- You get things done, take ownership over your work and are motivated by the impact your actions have around you.
- You have a degree in computer science and experience with databases and streaming architectures.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.