Sr. Technical Account Manager (Remote)
IT, Sales & Business Development
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2023
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
In this role, you will serve as the primary technical lead to guide key customers through implementation, integration, and expansion of their use of Mattermost as the central communication platform for their DevOps and technical teams. A key part of your job will be to identify and architect the key points of integration for the Mattermost platform within the customer's environment and work with the customer to implement these integrations utilizing customer, or partner-led development expertise. Delivering our predefined Onboarding Journey process, and helping to evolve this process through continuous improvement will be key.
This is a highly technical role for people who also enjoy interacting with and enabling customers to unblock the power of Mattermost’s product. You have a growth mindset and you constantly seek to understand blindspots and challenges - whether it’s a customer’s unique need or interacting with new technologies. You feel comfortable tackling issues, enjoy digging into technical details with customers, and are energized by solving challenges across a diverse range of technologies from databases to Docker, and cross-platform mobile development to RESTful web services.
- Lead the delivery of a purposeful Onboarding Journey process from initial internal sales hand-off, through technical discovery, system configuration, testing, and end-user roll-out.
- Make architectural recommendations for the Mattermost software deployment and other adjacent technologies (e.g. MySQL/PostgreSQL, mobile, SSO, ElasticSearch, to ensure high availability, redundancy and scalability).
- Deliver best practices and consulting based on experiences with other successful Mattermost customer deployments.
- Work with our Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues that occur during the Onboarding Journey.
- Capture detailed documentation of customer design and deployment decisions, and onboarding challenges, for sharing with the broader customer and Mattermost teams.
- Identify key integration opportunities to develop Mattermost as the central collaboration platform within DevOps and technical teams.
- Present detailed technical information and benefits of the Mattermost platform to a wide array of customers, including: line of business managers, developers, technical architects, and executives.
- Serve as the technical lead for all things related to the Mattermost deployment.
- 5+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support, hands-on Sales Engineering or equivalent experience - developers interested in working directly with customers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, and container platforms.
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go deep with technical customer resources or to describe the value proposition of Mattermost to IT executives.
- Excellent presentation skills for presenting advanced technical concepts.
- Experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% (Post-COVID).
- Ability to obtain a US government secret level security clearance is a major advantage.
- US citizens (FED accounts).
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!