Customer Success Manager, US Public Sector (Remote)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an innovative, customer-obsessed Customer Success Manager to help customers drive maximum value from their Mattermost investment. Focusing on the enterprise market segment, this role is responsible for building relationships with Mattermost's customers in the US Public Sector, and ensuring a successful customer journey and great user experience. Working closely with internal stakeholders (Enterprise reps, Customer Engineer, Marketing, R&D), this role will cover the US Public Sector.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer internally and own the core relationship with the Enterprise segment in the US Public Sector.
- Develop strategic relationships with Mattermost customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Mattermost.
- Understand the organizational structure of our customers, balance curiosity and empathy in order to identify areas that present a deep strategic partnership in order to help customer’s leverage the full value of our software.
- Own the customer journey, align on value-driven success factors and metrics to help drive adoption, account stickiness and usage in their organization.
- Partner with Customer Success Engineering to ensure a smooth onboarding experience that’s aligned with Customer needs and internal processes, and clarifies specific integrations, plug-ins and custom integration requests.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product in order to educate customers on the most relevant features or functionality that support their strategic needs. Advocate for customer needs with internal stakeholders.
- Renew customer subscriptions in the enterprise segment and achieve the renewal rate objectives.
- Identify and execute on account and contract expansion strategies, working closely with Sales to close net new revenue.
- Track accounts to identify churn or contraction risk, and work actively to improve customer health and retention, and escalate as appropriate.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, including executive relationships within the customer organizations.
- Understand Open Source apps and their monetization.
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps market and ecosystem.
- Above average technical knowledge (Cloud technologies, Enterprise security, SAML, SSO, Mobile apps).
- Deep experience with Salesforce, Outreach and Looker.
- Experience discovering key goals and steering customer stakeholders with account success plans.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including building, analyzing, and interpreting customer data to influence stakeholder decision-making.
- Ability to work cross-functional, and lead through influence.
- Passion for education and teaching customers how to be successful.
- Customer obsession and empathy.
- Previous experience working with customers in the US Public Sector.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!