Facility Security Officer
Alexandria, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a Facility Security Officer to accelerate our Federal efforts. This is a part-time role and will report directly to the CEO of Mattermost Government Solutions.
- The FSO assists the executive team and works in coordination with outside counsel in executing the required steps for obtaining an FCL and acting as the interim FSO for the new Mattermost entity.
- The FSO has experience working with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and supports the development of plans and operations for the interpretation, implementation, inspection, and enforcement of the NISPOM.
- The FSO interfaces with the DCSA Industrial Security Representative (ISR), coordinates compilation of insider threat and security programs, manages strict adherence to the FCL application process and timeline, creates/manages relevant government system accounts, and assembles necessary business documentation, e.g., Key Management Personnel (KMP) list, SF-312, and SF-328.
- As FSO, the individual will initiate, review, and process all personnel security clearances and maintain all required documentation, files, clearances, and suitability rosters in accordance with government requirements. The individual holds at least a DoD Secret clearance.
- The FSO takes responsibility for the various administrative steps in the FCL process and leads the process of preparing forms and other submission materials, using inputs from Mattermost team members and outside counsel. Documents such as the Affiliated Operations Plans are created based on FSO-provided templates, with the primary content (the actual definition of how certain common functions will be shared—resources within the mitigated entity and parent, and how services will be provided across the entities) developed by the respective functions.
- The FSO provides guidance about common practices and issues that might raise red flags.
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) candidates need a deep understanding of the 32 CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) and the process for securing a Facility Clearance (FCL).
- Candidates must have existing Federal Security Clearance
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!