Staff Security Engineer (Remote)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Mattermost provides secure, workflow-centric collaboration for technical and operational teams that need to meet nation-state-level security and trust requirements. We serve technology, public sector, national defense, and financial services industries with customers ranging from tech giants to the world’s largest banks, to the U.S. Department of Defense and governmental agencies around the world.
Our self-hosted and cloud offerings provide integrated workflow automation, AI-acceleration, ChatOps with team messaging, audio calling and screen share on an open core platform vetted and deployed by the world’s most secure and mission critical organizations.
We co-build the future of collaboration with over 4,000 open source project contributors who’ve provided over 30,000 code improvements towards our shared product vision, which is translated into 20 languages.
To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
Mattermost is seeking a result-driven and analytical Staff Security Engineer to help monitor, build, and maintain our company and SaaS security infrastructure along with processes across the company. As part of our Security team you will work closely with a globally distributed team to ensure the safety of our infrastructure and services.
You will be responsible for the implementation of additional security tooling, hardening, and/or processes across the company. Coordinating and collaborating with relevant stakeholders, gathering requirements, and leading implementation. This role is U.S. based.
- Lead security projects to enhance security posture of infrastructure and company
- Detect, respond to, and remediate security incidents
- Development, review, and enforcement of company-wide security policies and processes
- Ownership of company-wide IAM solution
- Setup and maintenance of monitoring infrastructure
- Setup and maintenance of incident response and forensic toolkit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional security experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in security engineering and incident response
- Experience with security monitoring systems
- Experience with security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience with identity and access management
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with infrastructure automation and software delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Experience with certification processes such as SOC2, ISO 27000 series, FedRamp, etc.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, ideally Go or Python
- Certifications in the domain of penetration testing, incident response or computer forensics (e.g. OSCP, GCIH, GCFA, etc.)
- Experience working in open source communities
- Experience working with U.S. Federal Government and related security and compliance requirements
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Germany - Greece - India - Spain - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!