Account Executive, EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Mattermost provides secure, workflow-centric collaboration for technical and operational teams that need to meet nation-state-level security and trust requirements. We serve technology, public sector, national defense, and financial services industries with customers ranging from tech giants to the world’s largest banks, to the U.S. Department of Defense and governmental agencies around the world.
Our self-hosted and cloud offerings provide integrated workflow automation, AI-acceleration, ChatOps with team messaging, audio calling and screen share on an open core platform vetted and deployed by the world’s most secure and mission critical organizations.
We co-build the future of collaboration with over 4,000 open source project contributors who’ve provided over 30,000 code improvements towards our shared product vision, which is translated into 20 languages.
To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
The Strategic Account Executive is a senior sales position responsible for developing, managing and closing business within target accounts in the EMEA sales organization focusing specifically on Large Enterprise and Public Sector Organizations.
- Prospecting and developing opportunities in target markets and accounts.
- Refining go-to-market strategy for the relevant markets and organizations in your territory.
- Engaging new and existing open source users of Mattermost to provide value around how users can be more successful with our technology platform and tools.
- Managing complex enterprise sales cycles with multiple engagement points in InfoSec, IT, DevOps, Engineering and other lines of business.
- Executing solution and value selling to some existing customers but primarily new prospects.
- Articulating and evangelizing the vision and positioning of both Mattermost and our products, and securing strategic commercial commitments.
- Quickly build a pipeline of new logo ARR as well as some expansion ARR in your target accounts.
- Accurately forecasting business on a weekly cadence.
- Communicating with management and sales operations to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process, as well as following instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management.
- Ensuring the successful rollout and adoption of Mattermost products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and customer success.
- Collaborating closely with sales leadership frequently sharing key deal information and close plans.
- Align extended sales engineering, pre-sales, product support teams and executive support to ensure your success in your sale campaigns.
- Significant enterprise sales and customer facing experience, with specific experience selling in the DACH region.
- Must be fluent in German.
- Experience selling a technical product.
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Track record in developing and closing large, complex deals.
- 4+ years successful quota attainment.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Dynamic experience in an emerging company environment.
- Creation and execution of territory strategy and business plans.
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities.
- Become a Mattermost expert, evangelizing our Collaboration for Mission Critical, value proposition.
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first, open source company.
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!