Director, Demand Generation and Growth
Sales & Business Development
Alexandria, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Mattermost provides secure, workflow-centric collaboration for technical and operational teams that need to meet nation-state-level security and trust requirements. We serve technology, public sector, national defense, and financial services industries with customers ranging from tech giants to the world’s largest banks, to the U.S. Department of Defense and governmental agencies around the world.
Our self-hosted and cloud offerings provide integrated workflow automation, AI-acceleration, ChatOps with team messaging, audio calling and screen share on an open core platform vetted and deployed by the world’s most secure and mission critical organizations.
We co-build the future of collaboration with over 4,000 open source project contributors who’ve provided over 30,000 code improvements towards our shared product vision, which is translated into 20 languages.
To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com
As Director, Demand Generation and Growth you will be responsible for setting the demand generation and growth strategy, defining campaign tactics, and overseeing the execution. You will own all aspects of social, field, email, events, and digital marketing. Working closely with sales, product management, brand, product marketing, and operations you will find cost efficient ways to boost current revenue sources. The customer focus will be on large and mid-market enterprises, as well as global public sectors. You will have direct reports that are in-place and highly skilled at digital marketing, web development and analytics, as well as potential work with agencies and contractors. This position reports directly to CRO.
- Drive customer acquisition strategy, development, growth, and engagement that maps to company goals in pipeline and revenue.
- Own the demand gen and growth pipeline number working with the team to define the global integrated campaign plan, channel mix, and budget to drive net new and expansion leads across all segments globally. These segments include, America’s, EMEA, APAC as well as US Federal, and Global Public Sectors.
- Drive open source software usage to paid versions of Mattermost.
- Set our growth strategy quarterly by estimating the pipeline and revenue impact of campaign investments across a diverse set of high-quality marketing channels.
- Proven expertise in creating and executing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that leverage inbound and outbound tactics that move prospects quickly through the buyer's journey.
- Ensure marketing is measuring and tracking key KPIs.
- Ownership of Mattermost.com web interactions that drive prospects and customers to engage in buying decisions that qualify as a sales accepted lead.
- Collaborate with external vendors, agencies, and partners to leverage their expertise, resources, and technologies for enhanced demand generation outcomes.
- Develop and manage the demand generation and customer acquisition budget, allocating resources effectively to maximize campaign performance and return on investment (ROI).
- Provide guidance and best practices to our digital marketing efforts around, paid search, display, video, social advertising and content syndication programs.
- Provide expertise with attribution and use those metrics throughout the marketing funnel and across multiple channels (social media, advertising, content & digital marketing) to drive outcomes.
- Focus on driving efficiency with marketing efforts. Spend a significant amount of time analyzing what works, what does not, iterating fast, similar to an agile software development environment.
- Lead and grow a team of campaign and digital marketers by being hands-on with execution while mentoring and coaching the team.
- Establish processes and tools for project management and team productivity that ensures transparency and accountability across teams.
- Create a team environment that motivates and inspires team members to feel empowered and recognized for their contributions.
- Minimum 8 years experience in B2B software marketing focused on enterprise and public sector clients.
- Clear understanding of new logo acquisitions and growth techniques within the install-base of customers.
- An expert at attribution and using those metrics throughout the marketing funnel to make decisions across multiple channels.
- Hands-on expertise in developing and executing integrated campaigns with multiple channels in paid and owned media including organic, paid digital, email, trials, content syndication, ABM.
- Expertise in demand generation metrics and approaches to test and optimize them including the use of Salesforce, Marketo, intent and attribution platforms, etc.
- Growth mind-set, fail fast, find a new path, keep moving, get results.
- Deep data and funnel metrics understanding. You can recognize patterns and optimize for desired outcomes.
- Budget allocation and management experience with a keen sense for staying within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills, working cross-functionally with several global teams mentioned above. Ability to influence and empower at all levels.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong experience managing and developing high-performance teams.
- Understanding of how open source companies operate (desired).
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA desirable.
Mattermost is an EEO Employer. We are a remote-first, open source company.
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!