Senior People Partner
Location: Rochester, NY (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We're looking for a People Partner to join our team in Rochester, New York. The People Partner will play a pivotal role working closely with senior leaders and general operation’s employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity. You’ll own areas of managerial and leadership development, and provide key support in the organizational design and performance management as our company continues to scale. If you are passionate about people strategy and employees, we'd love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage strategic relationships to proactively facilitate effective information flow, decision making, and actions all human resources issues across the Operation’s Organization
- Plan and lead organizational design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Supports and ensures that the annual performance management process, promotion, and equity reviews assigned are occurring
- Provides coaching and policy management to resolve complex and sensitive employee relations matters, conducting investigations, and applying relevant laws, policies, and past practice to mitigate risk for the company
- Works with leadership to ensure the Operation’s Organization fosters and demonstrates an inclusive workplace, creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations through good management practice
What We Need:
- Minimum 10 years of progressive human resources experience
- Experience supporting Sales Teams
- Experience Supporting Service Teams
- Experience supporting G&A a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Travel to corporate HQ, and regional offices once per quarter
- Bachelor’s degree required
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?