Senior Technical Talent Acquisition Partner
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
At NEXT, we promise to (1) use data/ML to seamlessly automate some of the most mundane aspects of the insurance process and (2) provide a phenomenal user experience to all SMB’s who use our platform. In order to deliver on these promises, we must continue to maintain an extremely high bar for our technical teams. We are looking to bring on an experienced Technical Recruiter to attract top talent and keep our standards for technical talent high at NEXT as we approach our goal of becoming the #1 player in small business insurance. If you enjoy immersing yourself in the world of technology and get energized by recruiting for the most challenging technical positions, this might be the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead all technical recruiting efforts at NEXT; including but not limited to data science, machine learning, product management, product design and engineering domains
- Manage the entire recruiting lifecycle from sourcing to offer/negotiation phases for around 10+ positions at any given time
- Act as the quality gatekeeper for candidates as they move through our interview processes
- Serve as a strategic partner to hiring managers & interview teams and provide process improvement feedback as they hire top talent for their teams
- Mentor other recruiters on the talent team in effort to take the rest of the team to next level
What We Need:
- 7-10+ years experience in technical recruiting for high growth technology companies, ideally in both startup and established types of environments
- Experience recruiting for data analytics, machine learning, product management, product design and engineering roles
- Experience using creative technical sourcing tactics and evaluation methods to identify strong technical talent in a highly competitive market
- Experience recruiting for a high volume of positions at a given time, with attention to quality of hire, time-to-fill, hiring manager satisfaction and offer acceptance rate metrics
- Strong ability to problem solve and think critically and creatively when faced with challenging positions
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?