Process Optimization Analyst
Location: Rochester, NY (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a capable Process Optimization Manager to join the Next Agency (Agency). You’ll enable the Agency team with the infrastructure needed to successfully support the sales and service teams in a rapidly scaling, ever-changing environment. This means identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements, prescribing solutions, and translating those into technical requirement documents for our Information Systems team to work from. You will also be responsible for leading the implementation of the solutions and measuring impact.If you thrive on organization and creative problem-solving through technology, and if supporting others to do their best work excites you, and if you’re looking for a high-impact role with lots of growth potential, we’d love to have you on the team!
We hire the best! So if you have what it takes and you match our culture, we want you now.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize, plan, and implement strategic initiatives aimed at increasing the scalability and efficiency of our Agency, including creating and managing PRDs and JIRA tickets that define the technical requirements needed to build the prescribed solution
- Collaborate closely with sales and service teams as well as Information Systems to determine solution requirements, ensuring objectives and goals are measurable
- Develop, own and manage the scope, schedule, and objectives of each initiative, ensuring clear and frequent reporting regarding progress and results
- Maintain constant communication with Agency Managers on progress to assigned goals and next steps to ensure completion
- Close communication with partner teams who are stakeholders for all JIRA tickets filed. This may include presentations and updates based on the discussions
What We Need:
- 5-7 years of experience in Biz ops or analyst role
- Demonstrated ability to define a vision for the product
- Well-developed attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data to identify opportunities and measure results
- Experience managing stakeholders in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to build and implement a wide range of creative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Scrappy, resourceful, and able to find answers that may not be obvious
- Experience with managing Salesforce a plus
- Ability to contribute to a strong team culture and work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Proven track record of implementing scaling solutions or process optimization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience or interest in instructional design is a plus
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?