Location: Kfar Saba, Israel (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
As a software architect at Next Insurance, you will be a member of the Team designing the system's overall architecture.
This happens via participation in key projects, helping to shape the architecture as the system evolves.
This also happens when analyzing the existing architecture, extracting insights, and building consensus for shifts and adaptations in the architecture.
You will work closely with engineering teams on various projects, with product managers, insurance experts, data engineers, data scientists, and any other relevant party. You will gain and maintain a deep understanding of the system and the business, allowing you to find leverages to make a real impact.
What we need:
- Passionate about delivering remarkable software to make a real impact in people's lives.
- Experience building various large / complex web systems.
- An excellent coder, able to produce exemplary artifacts.
- An excellent system designer, able to tackle complex problems, deeply understand them and come up with balanced solutions, taking into account relevant tradeoffs.
- A true believer in simplicity over cleverness.
- A practical person, constantly looking to make an impact - avoiding "high effort, low impact" work.
- Able to simplify complex ideas and communicate them clearly to various audiences.
- Experience with the lean startup approach, TDD, TCR, DDD, and managing complex business logic - an advantage.
- Ability to drive initiatives that are not only code-oriented, e.g., forming new engineering processes from inception to running reliably without the initiator.
- Ability to be hands-off, eyes-on, and affect initiatives not owned by you.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?