WC Sales Producer
Location: Rochester, NY (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for an innovative, bright, motivated, and hard-working individual to join our team to help us accomplish our mission of combining insurance know-how, innovative technology, and world-class service to delight our customers. In this role, you will be selling primarily Workers Compensation policies to strategic partnerships partners while also upselling other P&C lines of coverage. This is a high volume, fast paced environment where organization and adherence to process are a must. If you’re looking for a sales position that provides you with an abundance of warm leads and endless opportunities, this is the position for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Move fast to contact prospective clients within target time frames and develop relationships with customers to deliver a truly outstanding sales experience
- Work closely with prospective customers to educate them on the benefits of our programs and products while ensuring all accounts are underwritten thoroughly and within carrier guidelines
- Work closely with referral sources and carrier contacts to successfully deliver for your customer
- Crush your monthly production goals for units and/or revenue
- Strive to follow processes related to customer follow up and data gathering
- Maintain the existing sales culture predicated on motivation and positive reinforcement
while upholding a standard of accountability to self, team and company
- Complete other duties as assigned
What We Need:
- 2-3+ years of Commercial Insurance experience
- Prior experience in insurance sales required
- A demonstrated passion for delivering incredible customer experience
- Coverage level knowledge of most commercial P&C products, including (but not limited to): EPLI, BOP, Commercial Package, E&O, Cyber/Data Breach, Commercial Auto, Umbrella, Surety Bonds, Workers’ Compensation
- Someone with an active New York State Property & Casualty license and the ability to obtain and maintain all state insurance licenses, including the CE credits needed to renew/maintain their license
- Proven ability to thrive in a team atmosphere
- Working knowledge of carrier quoting systems and mastery of common computer programs
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- A humble spirit and unquestionable commitment to ethics
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills
- An excellent communicator who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- BA/BS required
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?