Insurance Technical Program Manager
Location: Palo Alto (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
The Insurance Technical Program Manager is responsible for leading, planning, and executing key initiatives within the workers compensation product area. This role will oversee various insurance product initiatives from initiation to closure, ensuring that all individual projects and product development efforts are delivered on time and within scope while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance.
What you'll do:
- Define initiative scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale initiative project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate initiative project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with all stakeholders (engineering, product and distribution) on an ongoing basis, establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Plan and schedule initiative timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track initiative milestones and deliverables, providing status reports to stakeholders.
- Arrange project post mortems with engineering and create recommendations to identify successful and unsuccessful elements with a vision of improving future initiatives.
- Develop best practices and tools for program execution and management.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Identify and communicate the initiative risk and working with the stakeholders and management development of contingency plans.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of company information.
- Communicate with other department managers for the acquisition of required resources.
- Direct and manage initiative development from beginning to end.
What we need:
- Bachelor's degree in insurance, business, finance, STEM, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP, Prince2, or equivalent project management certification.
- Direct work experience and deep knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program management, including program management techniques and tools.
- Experience with remote collaboration tools and digital project management platforms and experience using Jira is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance products, the insurance market, and the regulatory environment. Workers Compensation experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to motivate team members and drive results.
- May be expected to work outside normal business hours due to project demands.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders or off-site personnel/management.
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.