Location: Waltham, MA (Hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
As an engineering growth engineering group, you’ll not only get deep into coding on a day-to-day basis, but you will be in a position to drive technical decisions, mentor other developers, and influence the future of our front-end vision and technologies. If you are fanatical about growing your skills this is the role for you. Do you enjoy creating something new and solving problems in ways that have never been attempted? Do you want to grow your career by working side-by-side with trailblazing software engineers? Do you see yourself in a culture where you are valued, challenged, and respected?
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop dynamic, responsive, and interactive web applications
- Translate requirements, wireframes, and conceptual designs into high quality, visually appealing, and intuitive user interfaces and user experiences
- Take ownership of front-end components and drive continual expansion, reuse, and improvement across the board
- Integrate with back-end infrastructure, mostly cloud-based
- Analyze and solve problems across all levels of the stack
- Produce clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code, and participate in and drive regular code reviews
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
What We Need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent demonstrated experience
- 4-8+ years of experience with web application development
- Understanding of design principles and user interface guidelines
- Demonstrated success building dynamic, responsive applications using Angular, RxJS, Node
- Demonstrated success developing and consuming APIs and microservices to facilitate data access, business logic, and workflow (RESTful services, JSON, GraphQL)
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL
- You are passionate about coding
- You care equally about what should be done and how it should be done
- You know how to start and finish
- You are able to deliver on time
- You are awesome with people
- You make things as simple as possible but not simpler
- You never stop improving
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.