Next Insurance is a fast-growing tech company based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we are proud to have achieved a company valuation of $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
As a Property Estimator, you will be a subject matter expert in this area of our operation, helping us to swiftly assess property damage related to claims across multiple product lines. Your extensive experience in assessing property damage accurately will allow you to aid our broader operation with its ongoing goals. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to or lead department roundtables, serve as a valuable peer resource to other team members, and generally share your knowledge with a collegial and thoughtful group of claims professionals.
What You’ll Do
- Investigate claim damages and situations using internal and external resources
- Recommend vendors for field work
- Maintain electronic records that accurately and thoroughly document all estimation and related file-handling activity
- In relevant cases, make prompt contact with customers to set expectations, develop an action plan, and perform an initial exposure assessment
- Assist with policy coverage through analyzing estimation data and policy terms
- Determine settlement amounts for damages claimed within assigned authority limits, escalating to management if need be or issuing payments accordingly
- Ensure regular and timely follow-up and bring estimates and/or claims to prompt and appropriate conclusion, while keeping customers (both internal and external) informed throughout the life cycle of the process
What We Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in property adjusting and/or estimation
- Candidates must have, or be able to promptly obtain, a Texas Independent Adjuster License
- Experience with Xactimate software is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of claims processes and policy language
- Desire and ability to collaborate with many departments and coworkers
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done and contribute to the team
- Someone who enjoys the opportunity to contribute and innovate within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Superb phone skills and quality customer experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.