We ❤️ technology. Thoughtful and rigorous product development makes us giddy. That’s why when it comes to software development, everybody plays in the orchestra. We’ve got a fast moving team of engineers led by our Head of Engineering who’s spent over a decade building technology at both Fortune 500 companies and startups. You’ll also benefit from our incredible advisors and experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Instacart, Prodigy, Wealthsimple, eBay and more.
As a Cloud Architect you'll build and scale a best-in-class banking experience as part of a development team focused on new 0 to 1 products including credit card and multi-user banking. You may wear many hats, sometimes acting as technical subject matter expert, mentor, or project lead.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Maintain a cost controlled, secure, and compliant AWS infrastructure, AWS IAM, and AWS network at NorthOne
- Collaborate with engineers and project teams to develop well-architected applications in the cloud
- Collaborate with engineers on devops, especially around application life-cycle management (CI, Deployment, Build artifact storage, etc)
- Monitor security reports, security events, infrastructure reports, infrastructure events, and overall cloud security
Today you might be a System Architect, Site Reliability Engineer, Solutions Engineer or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic for a Cloud Architect joining our team is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you and the rest of our team can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role:
- You have 5+ years of experience building and maintaining production Cloud infrastructure
- You have 3+ years experience using AWS Managed Serverless Stack (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, EventBridge)
- You have completed AWS Architect courses and/or certifications
- You get excited working with complex and secure architectures (distributed, stateless, eventual consistency)
- You’re a strong communicator and collaborator who enjoys working with technical and business stakeholders.
- You have experience with SSO, Okta, and SAML
- You have implemented PCI Compliance & other industry standards (ex. CIS Controls)
- You have experience building and/or maintaining VPN & Advanced Networking (Site-to-Site, Subnet design)
- You have a strong interest in fintech, finance or entrepreneurship
Our Tech Stack 💻-
- Client-side: TypeScript, ReactJS, React Native, CSS, HTML5
- Server-side: TypeScript, NodeJS, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Redshift, other AWS serverless tools
- Tools: Slack, Bitbucket, AWS, CircleCI, Jira, Serverless Stack Framework, Sentry, Lumigo
- Integrations: Intercom, Segment, Mandrill, Plaid
- Cloud: AWS Cloudformation, VPC, AWS Serverless, AWS Managed Services, AWS Identity Center
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Cloud Architect you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote and in person get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- Remote-friendly environment: Flexibility to work from home, office, or both! We support our teammates wherever they prefer to work.
Market range for this role at NorthOne is 140K-200K. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy.