Director Sales Engineering West
Director of Sales Engineering
Location: Remote in PST or MST timezones
Dive right in. Swim with our pod. At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for a driven and talented leader like you to join our Sales Engineering team and our mission to change the future of cloud security. Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. In the last two years, we’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Orca is seeking a Director, Sales Engineering West to support our sales (pre-sales) engineering team. You will play a critical role in growing Orca’s business by building and leading a high performing team of 6+ Sales Engineers across the US and LATAM. Our Sales Engineers play a critical role in communicating the value of Orca’s cloud security solutions and thought leadership to our prospective customers across multiple Enterprise verticals.
Ap part of the job, you’ll:
Execute Technical Field Enablement:
- Through powerful demos driven by use cases, customer stories and customer pain points that enable the team with strong messaging.
- Provide air cover for technical engagements including proof of concepts.
- Represent regional technical needs with Product Management.
- Support Technical Training & Development.
- Adapt and support global pre-sales processes with the team to streamline pre-sales conversations, POCs and competitive landscape.
- Provide pre-sales technical vision and leadership in key moments of a deal (competition, support of vision …)
- Coaching and guidance through the deal process as needed.
- Act as an escalation point through deal progression as needed.
- Travel to support deal progression and POCs as needed.
- Represent non-technical needs for the region.
- Deal/opportunity conflict resolution, mediations and decision making.
Coach and Develop team
- Regular coaching and communication with team members.
- Support training and development efforts for your team.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles, expectations, and duties.
- Coach team members through conflict within and outside the organization.
- Enable new SEs with proper training and support .
- Allow mistakes to be made. Learn from them, adjust quickly and iterate.
- Promote group and team alignment with sales strategy, sales motions, and process.
- Skilled at “crucial conversations”.
- Recruit and Retain SEs through enablement, support, candor and mentorship.
- Enabler, problem solver and mentor.
- Organization and team success focused.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with regional sales, partner, and support staff
- Drive communication and teamwork throughout the region.
- Work with the ecosystem to bring new ideas forward.
- Promote customer advocacy, advisory boards and technical user groups.
- Develop relationships with key decision makers, technical alliances, influencers and partners.
- Represent Orca Security (present) at industry conferences and user groups.
- Author blog, white paper and other thought leading pieces on behalf of Orca Security for the security industry.
- Promote and support partner training, development, education and maturity with Orca solutions.
- Partner and channel enablement
- Experience building and leading globally dispersed team(s) of high-performing Sales Engineers in a high-growth environment
- Selling cloud security enterprise solutions in a complex sales process and consistently achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Finance, HR and other key stakeholders to drive business results
- Designing and implementing enablement tools, content, processes and programs to accelerate time-to-productivity of newly hired Sales Engineers
- Establishing productivity goals and performance metrics that drive results
- Team focused. Does not go alone into key regional activities.
- Attributes of ideal candidate; Allows mistakes to be made, Moves fast, Keeps things simple, Aggressive and competitive, Wants to improve the greater good, Listens, consultative, Respectful, Enabler, problem solver and mentor, Demands and serves autonomy, Desires feedback to improve self, Plays to win vs safe, Prep is key
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Hands On AWS / GCP / Azure experience
- Experience with CSPM / Vulnerability Management solutions or Cloud Security.