Cloud FinOps Engineer
Big Ideas. Real People.
At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So, if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
- High growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role:
The FinOps Engineer role is responsible for scaling cost management best practices, driving cost optimization to increase our overall financial performance on cloud. You will develop processes to work with large data sets to present, automate, and streamline cloud financial and scorecards and reports. The ideal candidate will lead the cloud optimization cost initiatives, increase productivity, and bridge the gap between our R&D, DevOps and financial teams whole providing visibility to our cost and forecasting.
On a typical day you’ll:
- Analyse, optimize, and implement cost optimization actions over different cloud providers
- Work with technical teams to design and implement new services in the most cost-efficient way
- Work closely with our finance and legal departments to negotiate cost terms, contracts and budget
- Work with the development and finance teams in order to optimize our cost
- Implement and manage automated tools in order to identify and optimize cost trends
- Configure and manage cloud cost optimization tools
- Design and build dashboards to support product owners, DevOps Engineers, and executive level requests
- Implement and manage BI and automated tools to identify and optimize cost trends
Produce measurements, reports, and recommended cost reduction plans for financial excellence in the cloud
- At least 1-2 years experience as a FinOps Engineer or equivalent
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills
- Self-starter who can also work with a team to deliver superior customer service
- Analytical and quantitative skills with hands-on experience on cloud demand forecasting, and cost optimization
- Proactive thinker analysing data sets and trends along with business roadmaps to identify opportunities and produce meaningful insights
- Experience with cloud providers billing and cost management tools and processes
- Familiar with AWS, Azure and GCP services, architecture, and tools
- Have hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Have experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools
- Have experience with Data Visualization
- Financial performance on cloud