Senior Sales Engineer - West
Location: PST - Los Angeles, San Francisco/Bay Area or Seattle
Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven an experienced sales professional to get the word out and join our mission to change the future of cloud security. At Orca, we’re proud of what we do and we always aim high. This, together with our belief in the power of teamwork, has quickly turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader (and a unicorn). Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
● Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
● Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
● Well-capitalized: Total funding is over $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
● Founded and led by 8 architects and executives from Check Point and quickly joined by many senior engineers from Palo Alto and Check Point.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The mission of the Senior Sales Engineer is to partner with sales executives; to provide in-depth technical knowledge and support during evaluation of the product, collaborate to close opportunities and onboard new clients. Orca Security is looking for a candidate who has passion for technology, especially cloud security; who has outstanding presentation skills, focusing on dialogue rather than monologue; and, one who can lead bringing transformational technology to its customers with passion, hustle, and professionalism.
As part of the job you'll
- Provide pre-sales support for qualified opportunities and POC (proof of concept) process for the Orca Cloud Security solution
- Deliver technical presentations of the offering to new potential customers
- Collaborate with Enterprise Sales team to plan and implement sales strategies to win business
- A strong understanding of the Orca Cloud Solution –subject matter expert
- Provides support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Stay on top of the administrative aspect for the role – timely updates of our CRM – and be engaged with Sales and Engineering
- Participate in and/ or conduct technical working sessions with Sales and the other Sales Engineer(s) to jointly architect solutions to business problems leveraging Orca’s Cloud solution with prospective new customers
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Remain up-to-date on Orca’s solutions and product releases and maintain familiarity and adherence to all Company methods and procedures.
- Collaborate with sales to achieve revenue targets.
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience in a sales engineering role.
- 4+ years of cloud security sales engineering or related engineering experience.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on the sales process.
- Passion about technology & cloud / cybersecurity.
- Outstanding presentation skills, focusing on dialogue rather than monologue; and, combining technology with real customer value.
- 50% travel in region
- Hands On AWS / GCP / Azure experience
- Experience with CSPM / Vulnerability Management solutions