🖥 Staff Frontend Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Restaurant owners are one of the largest groups of small business owners in the world. These are incredibly hardworking individuals; many of them started as dishwashers, servers and cooks, and saved up for years to pursue their dream of being an owner one day.
But it is a challenging business, made even more complicated recently by the recent shift to a digital landscape. There is immense competition from 3rd party delivery tech companies who are stealing restaurants’ customers and charging exorbitant fees. Additionally, massive restaurant corporations are crushing independents using scale, advanced technology, and expansive marketing budgets.
Owner.com’s mission is to help local business owners survive by leveling the playing field – by giving them an all-in-one solution to take back control of their business and truly own their online presence. The Owner platform powers everything from their SEO-optimized website to their online ordering system, while providing powerful email marketing and loyalty programs, reputation management, recruiting solutions, and more.
With Owner.com restaurant owners have full control over their customer relationships and data, saving them thousands each month in fees and helping them drive a massive increase in sales.
Owner whips up new tools for independent restaurants - TechCrunch
Restaurant Industry Insights with CEO Adam Guild - Bloomberg
We help local business owners survive and thrive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships and maximize their profits.
With less than 70 employees, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Instagram, Robinhood, Shopify, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Brown, Wharton, Y Combinator and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
Our business is growing extremely fast, generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, and we are backed by $25 million+ in venture capital from highly renowned investors such as: Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Dylan Field (Figma), Marcus Lemonis (CNBC’s The Profit), Kimbal Musk (Restaurateur + Tech Entrepreneur), and many more.
If you’re hungry to join a rapidly-scaling startup, Owner is the place for you.
Owner.com is looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to join our lean and highly talented team. We are looking for a mission-driven engineer who is passionate about their craft and committed to building incredible products for our customers. This role reports to our Co-Founder & CTO and will be instrumental in executing on our product roadmap.
• Frontend: [React, Nextjs, Vue]
• Backend: [Nodejs, Mongo]
• Typescript everywhere
- Take ownership of architecting and scaling our frontend React/Nextjs application and infrastructure
- Shape our product direction by talking to users and collaborating with other teammates in feature brainstorms/roadmap planning
- Own entire projects - from writing thorough technical specifications to shipping to end users
- Help us build a great team — interview, recruit, etc.
🔑 Skills & Experience
- Staff-level frontend engineer experience
- 6+ years experience building applications
- Experience building applications from the ground up with our frontend stack (React, Nextjs, Typescript) and scaling a codebase in this stack
- Extremely focused on the overall design/architecture of the codebase and how new features fit within it
- Prioritizes creating leverage for the team through code - always thinking about building abstractions/tooling/scripts to increase leverage
- Experience at product focused startup/scaleup or technology companyHigh degree of cross-functional collaboration and leadership. Product managers, designers and business leaders from past roles would speak positively and highly of you
- Dedicated to continuous professional development and possess a lifelong learner mindset
🌿 Benefits of Life @ Owner
- 100% remote: you choose where you want to work - no commute required
- Yearly in-person retreats in fun locations (e.g. Miami, Las Vegas, etc.)
- Competitive compensation packages, including stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision, dental)
- Home office and wellness stipends + awesome swag!
The estimated compensation range for this role is $180-210K Salary + Series A stock options + benefits.
See more open positions at Profitboss
Something looks off?