Staff Product Designer
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our Vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same set of problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it difficult for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
Our vision of the future is making sure that the tens of millions of local business owners get the support and technology they need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
With less than 100 teammates, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Shopify, Instagram, Robinhood, DoorDash, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Berkeley, Brown, Wharton, and Y Combinator.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years, we’ve reached $xx,xxx,xxx in annualized revenues and have raised over $43,000,000 in venture capital.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we're looking for you
We are looking for a talented, Staff-level UI/Interaction Designer to join our small but mighty product team. This role will partner with our engineers and CTO to level up the visual design of our product, plus own and deliver new product design initiatives end-to-end. This role is 100% remote and reports directly to our CTO.
💻 The impact you will have
- Partner strategically with Engineering and our supporting teams to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision and ideation, to prototyping, user testing, and final production.
- Partner closely with our team to create scalable design frameworks and solutions, map out priorities, and dream about the future of restaurant tech, the company, the product itself, and the design team.
- As part of a small team, you help build and maintain the design system, project files, and other miscellaneous product tasks.
👥 Who you’ll work with
✅ Minimum requirements
- 7+ years of Product Design experience; previous Staff-level experience/title strongly preferred
- Experience designing at a rapidly-growing, product-focused company (previous startup experience highly preferred)
- Mastery of your craft, including strong visual and interaction design skills, prototyping, and UX best practices
- Ability to own end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation
- Deeply customer / product oriented. Able to participate in all phases of a product, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- Ability to collaborate and partner strategically with UX Research, Product, and Engineering to drive and influence product decisions and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Low ego, collegial and open-minded
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $175K - $200K, plus a generous pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!