Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it hard for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
In the future we envision, we’ll build the technology that tens of millions of local business owners need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
Our team grew from 40 people to 90 people in 2023. We’ve got top talent from the most successful companies in SMB software like Shopify, HubSpot, DoorDash, ProCore, and ServiceTitan.
We’re scaling even faster in 2024 to keep pace with our customer growth.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years we've generated tens of millions in revenue, served millions of guests, and have processed hundreds of millions of orders.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
We are looking for two mission-driven engineers who are passionate about their craft and committed to building incredible products for our customers. We are aiming for one of these hires to focus more on the backend side of the stack, but for either role we are open to candidates with full stack experience.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering and will be instrumental in executing on our product roadmap. This role is 100% remote and can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
• Frontend: [React, Next.js, Vue]
• Backend: [Node.js, Mongo]
• Typescript everywhere
💻 The impact you will have
- Build new products and features 0 to 1
- Deliver value to our end users across our entire system
- Shape our product direction by talking to users and collaborating with other teammates in feature brainstorms/roadmap planning
- Take ownership of projects from conception all the way to shipping
- Help us build a great team — interview, refer candidates, etc.
👥 Who you’ll work with
✅ Minimum requirements
- 4+ years experience building applications
- Experience scaling with our backend stack (Nodejs, Mongo, AWS) and/or frontend stack (React, Next.js, etc.)
- Experience at product-focused startup/scale-up or technology company
- High degree of cross-functional collaboration and leadership. Product managers, designers and business leaders from past roles would speak positively and highly of you
- Dedicated to continuous professional development and possessing a lifelong-learner mindset
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated starting base salary range for this role is $170-190K, plus a generous pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!