Business Operations Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it hard for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
In the future we envision, we’ll build the technology that tens of millions of local business owners need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
Our team grew from 40 people to 90 people in 2023. We’ve got top talent from the most successful companies in SMB software like Shopify, HubSpot, DoorDash, ProCore, and ServiceTitan.
We’re scaling even faster in 2024 to keep pace with our customer growth.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years we've generated tens of millions in revenue, served millions of guests, and have processed hundreds of millions of orders.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
We are building an extremely data-first operations, finance, and data function at Owner. Because our business is high-volume B2B, and much of our revenue is tied to our customers’ transaction volume, we have the opportunity to build particularly accurate and insightful analyses and forecasting tools. As Business Operations Engineer you will not only help build the above systems, you will also help advance our culture around data discipline and efficiency. This role reports to our Director of Business Operations.
💻 The impact you will have
- Grow and maintain our best in class go-to-market pipeline that fuel sales motions through AI, automations, and deep data enrichment
- Enhance marketing analytics to surface and grow highest ROI channels
- Help build finance data infrastructure to automate financial reporting
- Through reporting exposure, help identify areas for spend and budgeting optimization
- Help strategize and explore new marketing channels to diversify growth channels
- Use data and internal interviews to optimize onboarding and customer success processes to help maximize happiness and retention of our highest value customers
- Identify areas of process inefficiency and working with teams to implement improvements
- Build and maintain data pipelines and integrations to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data across various systems
- Contribute to and/or lead ad hoc projects as business needs arise
👥 Who you’ll work with
- This role reports to our Director of Business Operations.
- You will partner closely with VPs and Directors of our Revenue, Launch (Onboarding), Marketing, and Product teams, in addition to the COO and other Operations team members.
✅ Minimum requirements
- 2-6 years of relevant operational experience
- Excellent SQL and Python skills, with additional technical background or education strongly preferred
- Extremely organized, with an eye for precision and a love for keeping things tidy
- Experience with SaaS and/or startups highly preferred
- Prior experience in the restaurant industry is a plus!
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $120,000 - 160,000, plus a generous pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!