Director of People
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
👋 About Owner.com
Owner is the all-in-one platform that restaurants use to succeed online.
Thousands of restaurant owners use our tools to build their website, drive online orders, create their own branded app, manage their customer relationships, and set up marketing automations.
You can think of it as Shopify meets HubSpot, but specifically for restaurants.
Learn more about the problems we are solving for our customers here.
🌎 Our vision
We’re starting by helping independent restaurants succeed online.
But it’s not just restaurants that need our help. All local service-based businesses are struggling with this same problems. Huge technology corporations are taking their customers, bleeding their profits, and making it hard for them to survive.
So, once we nail the solution for restaurants – we’ll scale it into every other local business type.
In the future we envision, we’ll build the technology that tens of millions of local business owners need to succeed in the digital age.
⭐ Our team
Our team grew from 40 people to 90 people in 2023. We’ve got top talent from the most successful companies in SMB software like Shopify, HubSpot, DoorDash, ProCore, and ServiceTitan.
We’re scaling even faster in 2024 to keep pace with our customer growth.
🚀 Our traction
In just over 3 years we've generated tens of millions in revenue, served millions of guests, and have processed hundreds of millions of orders.
More importantly, we’ve helped thousands of restaurant owners save their businesses - and not only survive, but thrive.
Why we’re looking for you
We are looking for an experienced Director of People to lead our HR and organizational development efforts. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in shaping our company culture, driving employee engagement, and supporting our team as we scale.
💻 The impact you will have
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the company's business goals.
- Culture and Engagement: Cultivate a positive, inclusive, and high-performance culture.
- Talent Management: Oversee the learning & development and retention of top talent.
- Performance Management: Design and manage effective performance review processes.
- Employee Relations: Serve as a point of contact for employee relations and workplace issues.
- Compliance and Policy Development: Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to HR; develop and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee compensation strategies and benefits programs.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs and implement development programs.
- HR Analytics: Utilize HR metrics to inform decision-making and report on HR performance.
👥 Who you’ll work with
- This role reports to Owner’s Chief Operating Officer, Jed Somers.
- You will partner closely with our executive team, senior leadership and people managers throughout the organization.
✅ Minimum requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Proven track record in developing HR strategies and managing HR operations
- Lifelong learner mindset and commitment to professional growth and development.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a startup or or rapidly-scaling technology company required.
🏆 Pay and benefits
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $160K-180K, plus a generous equity pre-IPO equity package
- Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, work from anywhere (100% remote workplace), unlimited PTO - plus extra fun perks!