Software Engineer, Data System
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to design team data gathering and analysis. Creating application system models. Participate in design meetings and consult with the multi-functional team refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
- Develop, test, and implement new software programs.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces.
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Independently install, customize, and integrate commercial software packages.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports as requested.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related field.
- Require 3-5 years of work experience
- Knowledge of Python and SQL programming languages and integrations.
- Proficiency in data modeling and database design principles.
- Experience designing data-intensive applications using Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, FastAPI, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as: Tableau, PowerBI, Python Dash, or JMP.
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure components (RedShift, EC2, RDS, Lambda, EKS, etc.) and architecture design principles.
- Extensive practical experience using Git for version control and collaborative software development.
- Proficiency with software development best practices including design, documenting, testing, and debugging.
- Experience with ETL and data ingestion processes and pipelines
In addition to the above, an ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in data manipulation and scientific computing Python tools and packages, including but not limited to Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Jupyter, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with containerization tools such as Docker and event-driven architectures.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Experience in designing CI/CD pipelines and orchestrating automated deployments.
This is a full-time position working onsite.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
For a fully qualified candidate, the expected pay range is: