Quantum Developer Services Product Manager
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems than span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
PsiQuantum’s application team is uniquely focused on building a world-class software environment for quantum algorithm developers. These tools allow quantum app developers to utilize, optimize and visualize large-scale quantum algorithms. The primary role of a quantum developer services product manager (PM) is to develop a roadmap with the engineering team and produce feature requirements for each release of the tools environment in consultation with customers and internal users. These tools include quantum simulators, quantum resource estimators, quantum circuit compilation, and domain-specific quantum application integrations. This work will involve close collaboration with external customers and partners on specific use cases.
Additionally, this PM role will assist the business development team identify use-cases, application areas and customer segments as well as work with marketing to create collateral for these customers (many of whom are quantum scientists).
- Lead the requirements gathering and documentation of quantum applications software tools to support both internal and external users.
- Develop and maintain a staggered detailed roadmap of services and integration points (internal and external) that will be supported by the development environment for quantum algorithms.
- Present to customers and partners use-cases, tutorials and best practices associated with fault-tolerant algorithm development.
- Work closely with internal and external partners and other members of the quantum applications team to clarify, validate, prioritize and manage feature releases.
- Develop (with assistance of engineers and technical marketing) collateral such as videos, papers, presentations, use case documents, success stories for external customers.
- Assist development and exec leadership with prioritization of quantum algorithms/applications/use cases.
- Assist business development with partnership opportunities with industry, government and academia.
- Degree in Physics, Math, or Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of product management of large-scale developer platforms that have undergone many product release cycles and scaled in both feature sets and number of users.
- Practical experience in developer environments, IDEs, and frameworks as well as data visualization tools (e.g. GitHub, Jira, Netbeans, Azure, Kubernetes…).
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills (samples required).
- Experience with deployment of code in distributed environments, cloud application development, and RESTful API
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments, sites, and time zones.
- A results-driven “doer”, preferably with experience in a high-throughput, rapid-delivery work environment.
- A problem solver, with an analytical mindset.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a fast-moving start-up environment.
The base annual salary range for this full-time role is between $157,500 to $195,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.