PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Our system architecture team sits at the interface of hardware development, manufacturing, and the quantum architecture to design the first fault-tolerant quantum computer. We are looking for a computational physicist or software engineer to drive the efforts of developing internal tools for designing and analyzing the system architecture in close collaboration with other technical teams.
- Design and develop software tools and infrastructure to enable development, analysis and tracking of our quantum system architecture.
- Contribute to our Quantum Computing system architecture and software system roadmap.
- Ensure interoperability of system-level analysis processes of electronics, photonics, and controls aspects by building and maintaining a shared set of standards and interfaces for the definitions of those systems.
- Maintain systems for storing and tracking system definitions that form the basis of many analysis tasks within the system architecture team.
- Undergraduate degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, with an emphasis on scientific computing.
- Ability to work effectively in a new area designing a first-of-its-kind system architecture.
- Ability to work across domains and collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A hands-on mentality to own challenges and develop solutions independently.
- In-depth experience with Python.
- No stranger to Git, Docker, Postgres and AWS S3.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
For a fully qualified candidate, the expected pay range is: