Intern, Source Experimentalist
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems than span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
The internship will contribute to experimental progress on the characterization of photon sources in integrated photonics circuits. It will focus on:
- Experiments aimed at the characterization of nonlinear optical devices in the single photon regime.
- Software automation and data analysis for these experiments.
Education / Certification:
We are looking for a PhD student in the fields of Quantum Optics, Nonlinear Optics, and/or Photonics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- We are looking for an intern with subject matter expertise in some/most of these topics: Linear Optics, Laser Optics (physics, operation, and safety), Photonics Testing, Quantum Optics, Nonlinear Optics, Quantum Information, operation of cryogenic equipment.
- The candidate must have some experience with writing code for experiment automation, data collection and handling, and data analysis. They should be excited to learn about the flows used in the team and write good code.
- Other skills we are looking for: prioritization, deduction, attention to detail, hands-on, thinking outside the box, openness to change, commitment to only deliver high quality work, open listening, willingness to learn and contribute.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.