PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Systems Engineers drive and support overall system design. Initially, they will be expected to provide broad supporting contributions to system design and support the bring-up of many new technologies and designs. Exact responsibilities are diverse and may vary between hardware, software and firmware. Once more experience with our systems has been gained, the engineer is likely to be assigned responsibilities for supporting and developing further electronics for a key subsystem of the machine.
- Work under & report to the senior development team.
- Develop and augment hardware, firmware and software designs with an understanding of how these interact with each other.
- Interact with the design & component teams and look for optimizations that cross disciplines.
- Provide review support for other team members to ensure first-time success with new designs.
- Adapt to new challenges and develop new skills to suit the task at hand.
- Expertise in a minimum of two programming languages out of: C(++), Python and VHDL/Verilog.
- Expertise designing their own hardware / firmware / software.
- Experience working with custom hardware and debugging issues.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with examples of specific personal achievements including sample code / designs.
- Eagerness to learn new software, firmware and hardware, and understand the relationships between them.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- B.Sc in Science / Engineering, particularly Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with several computing languages, programming methodologies and designs.
- Experience with multi-threading and / or concurrent programming techniques (FPGA / GPU / processor).
- Circuit design and layout.
- High-speed serial and RF electronics.
- Analog electronics.
- Understanding of photonics & non-linear optics.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
For a fully qualified candidate, the expected pay range is: