Senior Quantum Architect, Simulation
PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Quantum architects develop and evaluate architectures for photonic quantum computers, in particular methods for entanglement generation and error correction. They collaborate with engineers on implementations of these methods and model the origins and propagation of errors. Specialized software is required for
- Simulations of entire architectures to evaluate the overall performance of a quantum computer design
- Simulation of smaller modules to assess performance and comparison with an actual device
- Reference implementations of classical control methods for error mitigation and correction.
Candidates should either have a strong background in quantum computing and enthusiasm for software development, or alternatively a strong background in software development and enthusiasm for quantum computing.
- Design, develop and maintain software for the simulation of quantum architectures.
- Work closely with senior architects to explore and develop new ideas.
- Run numerical analyses, collate data and communicate results.
- EITHER Postgraduate degree in Physics, Maths or Computer Science, with a focus on quantum information theory or quantum computation, and experience or enthusiasm for software development.
- OR Undergraduate degree in Physics, Maths or Computer Science and at least five years commercial software development experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Collaborative mindset with good communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize and steer projects to completion.
- Experience with Python, C++ or similar languages.
- Experience with software design and best practices.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and tools.
- Experience with web frameworks.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
For a fully qualified candidate, the expected pay range is: