PsiQuantum is on a mission to build the world’s first utility-scale, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2015 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology, and business. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers and offer the potential to enable extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing, and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative group and love tackling problems that span across interfaces.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
PsiQ seeks a photonics test engineer for our Test & Measurement (“T&M”) team. The T&M team is responsible for all aspects of our functional test platforms: Hardware, Software, and data analysis across Photonics, Electronics, and Sub-Systems from device thru wafer and assembly levels. These test platforms are used for characterization, validation, and pre-production tests and interface to a data platform environment to facilitate T&M and adjacent team data reduction, data analysis, and design feedback. As such, the successful candidate should have demonstrated a broad knowledge base and ability to dive deep into different technology, development, and operations arenas throughout his or her career.
Test engineers work cross-functionally with our Architects, Photonics, Electronics Teams, Foundry and Packaging Teams, and Systems Teams in developing test requirements, test development plans, and test implementation projects. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively within this environment, including driving cross-functional alignment on deliverables with design, system integration, and operations teams. Detailed attention to operational output is a key responsibility.
- Develop and execute photonic and electronic tests, from hardware and interconnect to software setup for new designs and new materials.
- Maintain clear operational ownership, driving execution on critical recipes and system operation.
- Equipment repair and troubleshooting: hands on capability to fix software, hardware, and core test equipment.
- Data analysis: a key part of test ownership is skill in analyzing and presenting data on test capability and output. Familiarity with statistical analysis on large datasets is key.
- Degree in Engineering or Physics.
- 3+ years in test in a test development and execution role
- Experience in Photonics or a related field.
- Experience with Python test development, or a similar language and capacity to learn quickly
- Experience working with engineers and technologists in R&D and NPI environments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desired: Familiarity with some of the following: semiconductor subsystems, lasers/photonics, packaging technologies, advanced testing, systems engineering, or cryogenic systems.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
The range below reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salary across all US locations. Actual compensation may vary outside of this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's qualifications including relevant education and training, competencies, experience, geographic location, and business needs. Base pay is only one part of the total compensation package. Full time roles are eligible for equity and benefits. Base pay is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
For a fully qualified candidate, the expected pay range is: