Risk Operations Specialist | Collections
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As an early member of Ramp's Collections Operations team, you will help execute and maintain operational initiatives that enable collecting from Ramp’s delinquent and high risk customers. This role requires excellent communications, negotiation, and decision-making skills. We take our responsibility to serve our customers’ commitment to their financial health seriously, and our approach is anchored in data-driven and systematic decisions to delight our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure timely collections from delinquent and high risk small business and commercial accounts through outbound and inbound communication across email and phone channels
- Balance customer’s ability to pay and Ramp’s risk appetite to negotiate payment plans to reduce credit losses, and ensure customer’s financial well being
- Partner with strategy and legal teams to develop collection strategies, payment plans and operating procedures to ensure efficient collections operations
- Partner with product and engineering teams to build and scale Ramp’s operational platform and tooling for the collections program
- Ensure operational excellence by meeting team KPIs and SLAs
What You Need
- Minimum 3 years of experience in collections, recoveries or credit risk management operations via phone
- Strong background in customer support via phone and email
- Experience with financial products like credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Investigative and critical thinking skills
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Have the ability to grow, develop and learn in a fast-paced, start-up environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- Experience in SMB or Commercial collections
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $85,000-$100,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?