Sales Development Representative
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
This is a year of growth at Ramp and we're looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our sales team. We are scaling rapidly and it is important for us to find a candidate who embraces challenge, is eager to learn, and is passionate about succeeding. The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for hunting for leads, qualifying, and building sales opportunities for the team. We are looking for a self-motivated teammate with high social intelligence and a natural inclination for selling. The SDR will act as the initial point of contact while making a business impact through lead generation.
What You’ll Do
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound qualification and outbound outreach
- Qualify prospects through consultative selling while leveraging BANT criteria
- Grow top of sales funnel through warm and cold outbound campaigns
- Research companies and add prospects to our outbound list
- Maintain accurate client relationship data within Salesforce
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of customer-facing and direct sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and energetic phone presence
- Dedicated to tracking and improving performance and efficiency on a daily basis
- Curious about understanding business challenges
- High level of comfort with sales, prospecting and marketing tools & processes
- Entrepreneurship: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with financial services sales
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Ability to understand financial services
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $76,500-$90,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?