Software Engineer Internship | Backend
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
About the Role
Ramp is, at its core, an engineering company, and is on a mission to build the best engineering team in the US! We are looking for full stack and platform engineering interns (12 weeks) who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant tech community. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional, and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to scaling it in production. We value people who take pride in their work, and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you'll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
About Our Teams
- Core Product helps customers centralize and control their corporate spend through Credit Cards, Travel Management, Reimbursements/Expense Management
- Risk and Authorizer builds real-time and offline systems for risk decisioning, transaction & spend authorization, and on-going risk/fraud mitigation
- Payments focuses on all off-card money movement at Ramp (including ACH, Wires, Swift, and vertically integrated products such as BillPay)
- Foundations owns critical frameworks and processes to increase the velocity of Ramp Engineers, while improving resiliency, and security
- Ramp's UI Platform are the stewards of the frontend codebase architecture and responsible for Ramp apps' usability
What You'll Do
- Build performant and scalable platforms and services powering Ramp’s innovative products
- Contribute to Ramp’s financial products platform (Risk, Fraud, Treasury Management) and/or savings and web-app platform (Savings Insights, Receipt Matching)
- Work closely with product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product
- Help establish and influence engineering process, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
What You'll Need
- Currently pursuing a B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or a related technical field, with an expected graduation date between 2023 - 2025
- Track record of shipping high quality products and features or a portfolio of side projects
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but not limited to: Flask (Python), Elixir, AWS, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Passion for, or curiosity to learn, financial technology
- The hourly rate for this internship is $60 USD + housing stipend
- M1 Pro Macbook Pro
- Catered Lunches in NYC office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Something looks off?